- SPIO X is a lightweight and versatile pediatric TLSO incorporating all the benefits of a traditional SPIO orthosis with a rigid posterior trunk support system.
- Provides abundant and consistent sensory stimulation via compression.
- SPIO orthoses provide two and a half times more compression than athletic compression wear.
- All SPIOs are made of high-quality, specially milled fabric that is lightweight, wick-able and breathable.
- The unique SPIO fabric maintains its compression, even after prolonged use, and features high-rebound properties that assists the wearer in returning the body to mid-line.
- SPIO X features a posterior panel system. The unique X shape and construction of these flexible polyethylene panels provides greater stability than stays, while still allowing functional range of motion.
- Each SPIO X-Panel TLSO includes two panels of different dimensions and support, and a pair of rigid stays. The two panels offer different degrees of rigidity and trunk support, but both fit snuggly within a pocket on the posterior neoprene panel.
- It is a progressive TLSO system that can be modified to meet each child's needs, even as those needs change
- SPIO X can be utilized for a broad spectrum of children with varying levels of hypotonia. As a child demonstrates improved trunk control, the TLSO can be transformed by removing the panels, replacing them with stays, or worn without and ridged components.
Providers may use:
- Both panels simultaneously to provide maximal support.
- The larger X to provide significant support.
- The smaller X to provide less support.
- Stays, provided with the system, when minimal support is needed.
- The neoprene back panel alone, to provide compression without mechanical support.
SPIO TLSO Sizing
Chest circumference is measured at nipple line.
Length is from Acromion to Greater Trochanter.
V44 Chest Circumference: 44 cm, 30.75 cm long
V47 Chest Circumference: 47 cm, 34.5 cm long
V51 Chest Circumference: 51 cm, 38.25 cm long
V54 Chest Circumference: 54 cm, 44 cm long
V57 Chest Circumference: 57 cm, 47.75 cm long
V60 Chest Circumference: 60 cm, 51.5 cm long
V64 Chest Circumference: 64 cm, 55.25 cm long
V67 Chest Circumference: 67 cm, 59 cm long
SPIO Sizing Guide
If your patient falls outside the standard range of sizes, we can meet your needs with a custom-designed SPIO.