McKie Splints, LLC manufactures neoprene thumb splints, supinator straps and custom wrist-hand orthoses. The designs are stream-lined and biomechanically aligned to assist weaker muscles during grasp and reach. Products are sized for infants, children, and adults.
What Diagnoses May Benefit From This Thumb Splint?
- Arthritis or Injury to the thumb
- Cerebral Palsy
- Sensory Defensiveness
- Stroke, M.S or other Neurological Disease
- Weakness of the limb or hand
- Sized to fit children from infancy to about 8-10 years (6 sizes)
- Stream-lined design dynamically assists grasp.
- Minimal palmar coverage allows the hand to function more normally, to feel and to manipulate objects.
- Made from 1.5 mm washable nylon-covered neoprene
- The smooth side nylon is worn against the skin. The outer fabric is a closed loop Nylon fabric which allows attachment of the hook tape anywhere on the splint thus making it adaptable to a variety of applications.
- Latex free and stocked in 3 colors
- Extra hook tape is available for purchase. Velcro® brand tape as well as other brands of hook tape are used in the manufacture of the McKie thumb splint.
- Custom options include custom sizing, widened web space, longer strapping and plastic web stay. Contact us for more information.